The balance of the lemon, mint and spinach flavours gives this simple dish a refreshing lift.
- 2 tablespoons brown onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ teaspoon seeded mustard
- sprinkle grated nutmeg
- 1½ cups of chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoon water
- Salt & Pepper
- Remove and discard spinach white stalks
- Wash spinach, drain and roughly chop
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add chopped onion, stir to brown evenly for 1 minute
- Add seeded mustard and nutmeg,
- Reduce heat slightly
- Add chopped spinach and stir till it wilts; this takes around 2 minutes
- Add mint, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon water, cover with a lid, cook for a few minutes more
- Carefully remove the lid to release steam away from you, check to see if spinach is cooked through. This may take a few minutes more, add the remaining water if necessary and keep cooking to desired consistency.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste
Note: This simple side dish is refreshing, try it with “Chicken with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce” you won’t be disappointed.
Share This Recipe !