This delicious bowl of goodness is packed with flavour, plus crispy crunchy freshness. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of cooked rice or quinoa (I used 90 seconds)
- ¼ cup dry roasted pecan and cashew nuts
- 200g baby white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 handful of baby spinach or kale, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 slice of halloumi
- 1 cheek of red capsicum, sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the rice for 90 seconds in the microwave as per instructions on the packet, and season to taste
- Dry roast the nuts in a small frying pan over medium heat until fragrant. Remove from heat
- Pan-fry the halloumi, cooking on both sides until golden in colour. Remove from heat and set aside
- Add the oil to the same pan and cook the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes, add the spinach/kale and cook until it has wilted down, then stir in the nuts
- Assemble the bowl by placing the rice on one side, then add the capsicum, baby spinach mushrooms, tomatoes, avocado, halloumi, and the egg
- Combine the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad
- Serve and Enjoy!
Share This Recipe !