Air Fryers are so useful when cooking meals for one. This is a very tasty side dish or served as a light meal.
- 1 Truss tomato, halved
- pinch of dried herbs (of choice)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Sprig of fresh oregano leaves
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 180ºc for 3 minutes
- Sprinkle the dried herbs, salt and pepper over each half of the tomato, cut side up
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and fresh oregano leaves
- Place onto a silicon-lined air fryer tray or baking paper and cook for 10-12 minutes, until the tomato is heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with a few fresh oregano leaves
- Serve and Enjoy!
- The flavour depends on the type and ripeness of tomatoes and the brand of parmesan cheese you use. Experiment with it, it is well worth it.
- I used dried Italian herbs, try mixed herbs, thyme, oregano, Greek or whatever
- You can cook these in a normal preheated oven, just add 3-5 minutes to the cooking time
- You don’t need to purchase an expensive Air Fryer, many of the cheaper ones do just as good a job. Remember you are only cooking for one. I have a Phillips, with no extras and I love it, My daughter has a cheaper one from the supermarket and it works fine. Go with what you can afford.
Share This Recipe !