Healthy and Yummy
Any vegetables you have
White Cheesy Sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons plain flour
2 tablespoons of vegetable water
¼ cup milk,
¼ cup grated cheese
¼ cup grated cheese *extra
Melt butter in the saucepan add plain flour, stir well and cook for 1 minute. Then gradually add the vegetable water as you stir to prevent it going lumpy.
Add the milk and cheese, keep stirring and cook for 3-5 minutes, until it becomes smooth and thickens. Pour over the vegetable and top with *extra cheese
- Preheat Oven 180º
- Cut all vegetables into bite size pieces
- Place the vegetables that take longer to cook (eg. potatoes, cauliflower etc) into steamer over a saucepan of boiling water cover with lid and steam for 8 minutes
- Add the softer vegetables (Spinach, zucchini, broccoli, etc ) and steam till all vegetables are cooked through about 3-5 minutes . Reserve the water for the sauce
- Place all vegetables into a baking dish, toss to mix them up and then flatten them down. Pour white cheesy sauce over the top then cover with * extra grated cheese
- Place in moderate oven for 20 minutes or till heated through and golden brown on top, place under grill if preferred.
Share This Recipe !