Revisited: You must try this one if you like the heat of Wasabi and pickled ginger, really yummy.
- 1 salmon fillet
- 30ml soy sauce
- 30ml mirin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tsp wasabi paste (or to taste)
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½ tbsp sunflower oil
- Japanese pickled ginger and lime wedges to serve
- Place the salmon fillet in a zip-lock bag.
- Combine the soy and mirin in a bowl and place the mixture into the bag with the salmon, seal and marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours, longer if time permits.
- Blend the wasabi, avocado and lemon juice until smooth and season to taste.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Remove the salmon from the bag, reserving any remaining marinade. Cook for 2-3 minutes (depending on size of fillet) each side until just under cooked .
- Add the reserved marinade to frypan and allow to reduce for 1 minute.
- Serve with the wasabi and avocado sauce, pickled ginger and lime wedges.
This dish was adapted from the Delicious “Spice” Book recipe given to me by my friend Monica