Revisited: You must try this one if you like the heat of Wasabi and pickled ginger, really yummy.
- 1 salmon fillet
- 30ml soy sauce
- 30ml mirin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tsp wasabi paste (or to taste)
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½ tbsp sunflower oil
- Japanese pickled ginger and lime wedges to serve
- Place the salmon fillet in a zip-lock bag.
- Combine the soy and mirin in a bowl and place the mixture into the bag with the salmon, seal and marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours, longer if time permits.
- Blend the wasabi, avocado and lemon juice until smooth and season to taste.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Remove the salmon from the bag, reserving any remaining marinade. Cook for 2-3 minutes (depending on size of fillet) each side until just under cooked .
- Add the reserved marinade to frypan and allow to reduce for 1 minute.
- Serve with the wasabi and avocado sauce, pickled ginger and lime wedges.
This dish was adapted from the Delicious “Spice” Book recipe given to me by my friend Monica
Share This Recipe !