This was one of my childhood favourites when eating out
- 1 mushroom chopped
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- ½ clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 200g mince (pork/veal/chicken)
- 2 iceberg lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup fried noodles
- ¼ cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 green shallots, sliced
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- ½ teaspoon cornflour
- Trim lettuce leaves to form a bowl, wash and place in ice water, refrigerator to crisp.
- Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, sherry and cornflour together and set aside
- Heat oil in a frypan over high heat
- Add onions, garlic, ginger and mushroom, cook for 1-2 minutes, till onion and mushroom softens.
- Add mince, stir and seperate meat to brown. Cook for 6-8 minutes
- Add water chestnuts, noodles, shallots and sauce mixture, stir to thicken
- Remove the lettuce from refrigerator and drain well.
- Spoon the filling into the lettuce leaves, roll up to eat
Share This Recipe !