This is a golden oldie that satisfies the taste buds every time.Great any time of the day. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ½ small onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 250g beef mince
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ stick celery, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian or mixed herbs
- 4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon of Bonox or Vegemite
- ½ cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices sourdough toast
- In a medium-sized bowl, add mince, carrot, celery, paprika, herbs, tomatoes, tomato sauce and Bonox/Vegemite. Season with salt and pepper, stir to combine
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add the onion and cook for 1 minute
- Add the garlic and stir to prevent burning
- Add the mince mixture, you may need a little oil if the pan is dry. Stir until meat is browned well.
- Add the stock and stir until the meat is cooked and most of the stock has evaporated.
- Serve with toast, and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe !