Remember this one: A very easy dish to prepare yet looks like a gourmet meal. Enjoy!
I made this for my visitors this week and they loved it.
15 Minutes +
Optional Marinate: 30 Minutes
- Prepare squid hood (click on link to see how) by cutting them in half and then scoring the inside of the flesh careful not to cut through, then cut into lengths size pieces
- *Optional I like to soak the squid in milk for 30 minutes to help tenderise it
- Pound the peppercorns, chilli and salt flakes in a mortar and pestle, then add this to the rice flour
- Place seasoned flour on a flat plate,
- Drain and pat the squid dry, then coat with the seasoned flour, shake off any excess
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frypan and fry the squid in batches for 1-2 minutes, turning to cook evenly. Remove squid and drain on paper towel
- Serve with Aioli and a side salad of choice