A healthy change to deep fried fish and chips.
- 1 sweet potato cut into wedges
- pinch of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Moroccan seasoning
- pinch polenta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoon of extra polenta
- 1 egg
- 150g fish fillet (see note)
- olive oil spray
- 1 small handful of mixed lettuce
- 2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 slices of Lebanese cucumber
- 1 slice of red onion, cut in half
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Lemon wedge
- Aioli, Mayo or tartare sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Line a small baking tray with baking paper
- Toss potatoes until well coated with oil, spices and a pinch of polenta, place in a single layer on lined tray.
- Cook for 25 mins until golden and crunchy, turning halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile combine the parmesan and extra polenta in a bowl.
- Lightly beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Dip the fish fillet into the egg and then into the polenta and cheese mixture, coat well and shake off any excess.
- Place on the baking tray, spray with oil and bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden, turn after 10 minutes.
- Assemble the salad ingredients on a plate, drizzle with lemon juice.
- Add the fish fillet, potato wedges and lemon, plus a small tub of aioli, mayo or tartare sauce.
- Best to use white fillets of fish, such as whiting, snapper or flathead.
- You can leave the fillets whole or cut them into fish finger lengths
Share This Recipe !