I could just keep eating these tasty cutlets, dressed in this yummy herbed yoghurt, they truly are finger licking.
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- ½ tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- pinch of lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon lemon thyme chopped
- pinch of ground cumin
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- lemon pepper seasoning
- 3 lamb cutlets or lamb steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30 ml thick Greek yoghurt
- pinch finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- pinch finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- ½ tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- Mix Yoghurt and all the herbs together and place in a small serving bowl
- Lightly beat the egg in a bowl
- Place the breadcrumbs, parsley, coriander, lemon zest, lemon thyme, cumin, lemon pepper seasoning, salt and pepper in zip lock bag and mix well.
- Dip the cutlets firstly into flour coat well, then into the egg mixture and finally into the breadcrumbs, coating well, press crumbs firmly to coat the cutlets.
- Heat the oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Pan fry cutlets until golden brown approx. 2-3 minutes on each side.
Serve with Herbed Yoghurt, a side salad or vegetables
Don’t blend the herbs and the breadcrumbs together as they will turn green
I found this recipe in Bill Granger’s cookbook “Every Day” I enjoyed it so much, I just had to adapted it for one
Share This Recipe !