20 Minutes + 2 hrs Marinating
- 120-150g (Rump or Round steak) thin slices
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- pinch of curry powder
- pinch of ground ginger
- pinch of bicarb soda
- pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoons oil, extra
- 1/2 brown onion, wedged and seperated
- 1/2 small red capsicum, cubed
- 1/2 small green capsicum, cubed
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, extra
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry, extra
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce *optional
- Trim fat from steak, cut into bite size squares and flatten with a meat mallet.
- In a ziplock bag, add the marinade ingredients, mix well then add the beef pieces. Massage the marinade into the meat and marinate for 2 hours or more if time permits.
- Heat oil in pan and add meat. Do this in batches to avoid overlapping, brown meat on both sides. Remove meat from pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Wipe pan clean.
- Mix cornflour with water and set aside.
- Add to clean pan, capsicum, onion, stock, extra soy sauce and sherry, *optional chilli sauce, and cornflour mix, bring to boil. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes, till vegetables are cooked but still crisp and sauce has thickened slightly.
This dish is lovely served with steamed rice or my fried rice.
Share This Recipe !