This deliciously juicy meal has such a different flavour from your everyday steak sandwich, one I’m sure you will want to make again. Enjoy!
- Note: Make my Beetroot Relish and Caramelised Onion in advance they keep well in the fridge
- Short cut: If you prefer you can purchase both beetroot relish and caramelised onions in jars from the supermarket, the flavours will differ but still yummy.
- Preheat oven 180ºc
- Place mushroom (dark side up), onto a small baking tray and drizzle the oil over the mushroom
- Bake for 5 minutes in preheated oven, remove from oven and place the caramelised onion and beetroot relish onto the mushroom. Top with the grated haloumi cheese, and return mushroom to oven and cook for 10 minutes more. Remove and set aside
- Meanwhile: heat skillet or frying pan over medium high heat and cook the steak on both sides, until cooked to your liking (2-3 minutes)
- Place cooked steak onto the toasted Turkish bread with a little *BBQ sauce if required
- Place the cooked filled mushroom with melted cheese on top of the cooked steak
- Serve and Enjoy!
Share This Recipe !