These bitter sweet onions are delicious when served with BBQ meat or as a filling for tarts or mushrooms. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red or brown onion, sliced (I used red for this recipe)
- pinch salt
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in small frying pan over medium-low heat
- Add the sliced onions and salt. Stir, while cooking for 10-15 minutes, until they sweat down a little and start to golden in colour
- Add sugar and vinegar (this starts the caramelisation) stir and cook for a further 5-8 minutes. The onions will start to shrink and get sticky
- Serve and Enjoy!
Note: These onion will keep in refrigerator, store in air tight container until ready to use
- There are many uses for these onions, my favourite is with BBQ meat or on a burger
Share This Recipe !