The delicious combination of flavours in this marinade is so tasty and so versatile.
Try it for yourself. Enjoy!
5 Minutes +
Marinating: 30 Minutes
- 1 Ribeye steak
- ½ tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1½ tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 long red chillies, chopped
- 2 preserved lemon wedges, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dry fry the fennel in a saucepan, cook for 3 minutes
- Add the garlic and oil and cook for 1 minute
- Add remaining ingredients, stir and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes
- Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly
- Rub the mixture onto the ribeye steak and set aside for 30 minutes
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat,
- Drizzle steak with a little oil, add to the hot pan and cook on each side 2-3 minutes for rare or up to 5-6 minutes each side for well done. **Time depends on the thickness of the steak and how well you like your steak cooked
- Place steak onto a serving plate and rest 3-5 minutes before cutting.
- Served here as a side with ½ of my Roasted Beetroot & Preserved Lemon Salad. Enjoy!
- This marinade can also be used on chicken, fish, or lamb
Share This Recipe !