Another Great Ottolenghi Salad. Full of unusual flavours when blended together, they just dance on your tongue. Enjoy!
- 2 medium-size raw beetroot
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 wedges of preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 3 tablespoons greek yoghurt
- 1½ teaspoon peanut butter or tahini
- Preheat oven 220ºc
- Clean the beetroot, leaving the skin on
- Wrap each beetroot in foil, and place it on a baking tray
- Cook in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until just cooked. Test by piercing with a skewer
- While the beetroot is cooking, prepare the salad
- Combine the yoghurt and peanut butter or tahini by mixing well together
- In a small pan, heat oil and add the cumin seeds. Cook until they start popping, (2-3 minutes)
- Roughly cut the preserved lemon and add to a bowl with ½ the dill
- Add the sliced onion and cumin seeds with oil, gently toss. Set aside until beetroot is cooked and cooled
- When beetroot is cooked allow to cool slightly, remove foil and beetroot skins, then slice
- Add the sliced beetroot to the salad and toss gently to coat
- Arrange salad on a serving dish and dollop the yoghurt mixture onto the salad and sprinkle with remaining dill
- Serve and Enjoy!
Share This Recipe !