This old fashion recipe is a family favourite during the colder weather. It’s one I love to eat. Also, it’s one that Paul asked for in the Challenge 2019. Enjoy!
- 200g oyster blade steak
- 2 lamb kidneys
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoon oil
- ½ small brown onion, finely chopped
- 100g diced tomatoes
- 40ml red wine
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ½ carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven 150ºc
- Cut the steak and kidney’s into bite size chunks, trim the fatty veins from the kidneys
- Add the flour to a bowl or ziplock bag, then add the meat, and shake to coat well
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the onion and garlic, cook 1-2 minutes or until softens
- Add the meat to the same frying pan and stir to brown all over.
- Place the meat, garlic and onions into the base of a casserole dish,
- Mix the tomatoes, red wine, water, carrots, parsley, salt and pepper in a jug. Pour over the meat and onions.
- Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven and cook for approximately 2 hours or until meat is tender
- Serve and Enjoy!
Share This Recipe !