Great for lunch, picnics or snack.
You can make them into muffins if preferred.
Serve hot or cold.
- 100g pumpkin peeled and cubed
- dash olive oil
- 1 shallot (green onion) sliced
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- dash of soy sauce
- handful baby spinach
- salt & pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 2 x small handful of grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 170ºC
- Rinse pumpkin with water, drain the water off.
- Place pumpkin in microwavable dish with lid and cook in microwave for 2-3 minutes, till just tender
- Heat oil in frying pan, fry shallots and garlic till softened. Add baby spinach, cook 1 minute, then add pumpkin and season with salt and pepper and a dash of soy sauce
- Place eggs In medium bowl with yoghurt and 1 small handful cheese, whisk to combine
- Pour egg mixture into greased, small ovenproof dish, top with the vegetable mixture then top with another handful of cheese
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes till cooked through and browned on top.
- Serve by itself with meat or a side salad.
Share This Recipe !