This soup has such a lovely flavour of mushrooms with the hint of spice, it is so delicious served with a dollop of sour cream and crusty bread
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small onion roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ cup parsley
- 200g button mushrooms, chopped
- salt and black pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch cayenne pepper,
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml milk
- 50g sour cream (reserve a dollop)
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the onions, garlic & parsley and cook over medium heat until the onions have softened, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, the nutmeg and cayenne pepper and give it a good stir, then season with salt & pepper, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the milk and stock, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat, blend soup until smooth (using a stick blender or similar).
- Stir in the sour cream, gently reheat if necessary.
- Garnish with chopped chives, a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
This recipe was given to me by a friend many years ago, it is one I make often especially in winter
Share This Recipe !