I use to turn my nose up at couscous until I tried the pearl couscous; now I love it.
This Healthy Salad is full of deliciousness. So many flavours in every mouthful.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 65g pearl couscous
- pinch salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 small heirloom or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon Persian feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup (jarred) roasted red capsicum, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1½ tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion or sliced green shallot
- ¼ cup sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 180ºc
- Place sweet potato onto small oven tray and spray with cooking oil
- Place tray in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the sweet potato is fork tender
- Remove and cool
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat
- Add the couscous, stir until golden 1-2 minutes, add the water, reduce heat and cook until water is absorbed approx. 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool
- Mix the dressing together in a small bowl
- Place the spinach, tomatoes, feta, capsicum, parsley, mint, pumpkin seeds, onion and sweet potato in a large bowl. Add the cooled couscous and the dressing, stir or gently toss to coat all ingredients
- Serve and Enjoy!
Share This Recipe !