This pasta dish is lovely served hot or cold, on the side or as a main, just add your protein. It has a slight spicy zing to it and is a refreshing change from the everyday pasta dishes
- 100g Casarecce Pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into pasta lengths
- Salsa Verde
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoon baby capers, finely chopped
- ½ long green chilli, finely chopped (seeds in)
- 1-2 anchovy, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 20 ml olive oil
- Boil water for pasta, add salt and cook for 8 minutes, strain
- Blanch the Asparagus by covering with boiling water for 1-2 minutes, still crisp, drain
- Mix together or blend, garlic, capers, chilli, anchovies, mustard, vinegar, herbs and oil.
- Combine pasta and salsa verde with asparagus
- Taste, season if necessary with salt and pepper
- You can use any type of pasta you prefer, cook as per instructions on packet less 1 minute.
- You can add cooked salmon, prawns or chicken to this pasta to make a complete meal.
- You can substitute beans for the asparagus
- If you don’t like your chilli hot, leave the seeds out.
- This recipe was adapted from Australian Women’s Weekly (AWW) Cookbook “Light”
Share This Recipe !