This simple Thai salad is light, healthy and fresh & so quick and easy to make
- 120-150g chicken mince
- 1 tablespoon sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped *sawtooth coriander *optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 green shallot, finely sliced
- 1 red birds-eye chilli, finely sliced
- 2 large cos lettuce leaves
- 1 wedge of lime
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated palm sugar
- ¾ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground toasted glutinous rice *see note
- Dry fry the rice in a frying pan over medium heat, until aromatic and starts to brown. Grind toasted rice in a mortar and pestle to a grainy powder consistency. Dived into 2 teaspoons, reserving 1 teaspoon for garnish *extra
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together with 1 teaspoon of rice powder and set aside
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, then add 2 tablespoons water to the pan
- Add the chicken mince, breaking up any lumps that may form, cook for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Using a slotted spoon transfer the chicken to a mixing bowl.
- Add the onion, coriander(s), green shallot, chilli, mint and dressing. Gently toss to combine
- Spoon the chicken mixture onto each lettuce leaf and drizzle with a squeeze of lime
- Sprinkle with *extra toasted rice powder
- Serve and Enjoy!
Share This Recipe !