Spicy – Crunchy – Healthy
This healthy snack fills the need when you just want something to nibble on.
2 tablespoons pepitas
2 tablespoons almonds
1½ tablespoons sunflower seeds
½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 small (125g) cans chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven 180ºc
- Heat a small frypan over medium-high heat and dry fry the pepitas, almonds and sunflower seeds until slightly browned (approx. 2 minutes). Stir in the chilli powder and set aside to cool
- Rinse chickpeas under cold water and dry with paper towel
- Mix together in a small bowl, the cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper
- Place dried chickpeas on a baking tray and bake in oven for 15 minutes, remove and drizzle with the olive oil, stir to coat evenly
- Add the spicy mix to the oiled chickpeas and toss to coat. Bake a further 10 minutes
- Add the dry fried pepitas, almonds and sunflower seeds to the chickpeas, stir to combine and bake for a further 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Turn oven off, cool in oven with door ajar
- Serve and Enjoy!
Note: These nuts will keep in an airtight container, if they soften refresh in hot oven until crunchy.
Share This Recipe !