I just love the crispy-crunch of the vegetables in this salad coated in a tasty sesame-soy dressing. Enjoy!
- small head of broccoli, cut into flowerets
- a handful of fresh green beans cut the ends off
- 1 cheek of capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon toasted black sesame seeds
- salt and pepper *optional
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Blanch the broccoli in a pot of boiling water for two minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and place into icy cold water to stop them cooking,
- Add the beans to the same boiling water and blanch for 1-2 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and place into the ice water
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat, and add the capsicum and chargrill on both sides until they just start to soften
- Drain the broccoli and beans, add them to a serving bowl with the capsicum
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad vegetables. Toss to combine
- Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds. Season to taste
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Note: You can toast the sesame seed in a dry frying pan, over medium-high heat stir gently until they start to change colour and become fragrant. Be careful not to burn them.
Share This Recipe !