When I first posted this recipe back in 2017, it was an instant winner.
What a treat these delightful scallops are. Enjoy
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat
- Add eschallot and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Mix Vegeta with water to make stock
- Add the mint, peas and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese
- Blend the pea mixture until smooth and season to taste
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in frypan, add black pudding and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side till golden and crisp. Remove from pan and set aside
- Rub a little oil over the scallops and add to same pan. Sear the scallops in the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side depending on size
- Arrange 3 seperate spoonfuls of the pea puree on a serving plate. Top with a black pudding piece and place the scallop on top of black pudding. Drizzle chilli oil on each scallop and sprinkle with bacon crisps as a garnish
Share This Recipe !