These pork chops have been a family favourite for many years, they are great served with vegetables or side salad.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-2 pork chops
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of plain flour
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons grand marnier or brandy
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ orange juice and zest
- chives chopped for garnish
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat
- Add chops and cook for 5 min, turn and then cook 2 min
- Remove chops from pan, cover with foil to keep warm
- Drain excess fat from pan, leaving ½ tablespoon of liquid in pan
- Stir in flour and cook over medium heat for one minute. Add sugar and stir till golden, careful not to burn it
- Add orange juice and zest, chicken stock, sherry and Grand Marnier / brandy
- Stir until sauce thickens, add just little more water or orange juice if too thick
- *Taste, season with salt and pepper if necessary
- Place pork chops onto a serving plate, pour sauce over the chops , sprinkle with chives
- Serve with vegetables or salad
Note: *Careful when using stock or stock cubes as some can be very salty
AWW = Australia Women’s Weekly.
Share This Recipe !