Challenge 2019 sent in by Joy.
Thank you Joy,
The tang of the lemon and the bite of the anchovies and capers accentuates the flavours of this Salsa Verde dish
• 1⁄3 cup continental parsley
• 2 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon lemon zest
• 2 anchovies
• 1 teaspoon baby capers, drained• 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
• 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1⁄2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 cup dried Caserecce pasta
• 1⁄2 baby fennel, roughly chopped
• 120g-150g snapper or white fish fillet• 1 tablespoon extra lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon butter
• salt and pepper
• Place the parsley, anchovies, capers, lemon juice, zest, garlic, red wine vinegar and mustard in a
blender, blend until well combined
• Preheat oven 170oc
- Place the fish onto a sheet of foil (large enough to wrap the fish) place the butter and extra lemon juice on top of the fish and season with salt and pepper. Wrap the fish securely in foil and seal the sides to prevent the steam escaping.
- Cook in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the fish is fork-tender, this time will depend on the thickness of the fish fillet.• Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per instructions or until al dente (approximately 10-12 minutes) drain the water and the leave pasta in a saucepan
- Gently remove the fish from the foil and reserve the juices, (careful when unwrapping the fish as the steam can burn). Flake the fish into pieces
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the fennel, cook until softened and golden in colour, add to pasta
- Combine the salsa verde and fish with the reserved juices, then add to the pasta and gently stirthrough.
• Serve and Enjoy!
Share This Recipe !