The Five Spice flavours make this Chinese Sweet Sticky Chicken dish dance on the tongue
5 Minutes +
Marinating: 20 Minutes
- 1 chicken thigh fillet
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- ½ tablespoon honey + glaze
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce + glaze
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five spice
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Sesame seeds, chives
- Trim fat from chicken fillet and cut into 4 pieces
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, and add chicken pieces, stir to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes
- Preheat oven 180ºc
- Line a small baking dish with foil, place a wire rack over the dish and place chicken pieces on rack
- Meanwhile make the glaze by stirring the honey and soy sauce together and mix well
- Bake the chicken in preheated oven for 10 minutes, remove and glaze with honey and soy mix. Cook a further 5 minutes. Slice the chicken pieces
- Serve with steamed rice or vegetables.
- Garnish with sesame seed and chives. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe !