This Salsa is SO deliciously tasty, you can eat it straight out of the bowl. Partnered with crunchy coconut prawns/scrimp, OMG they are so good.
- 8-10 medium green prawns
- cracked rock salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp of desiccated coconut
oil for shallow frying
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil and 1Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ mango fresh or frozen (approx. ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon of coriander/cilantro,
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- *½ + ½ tablespoons, small red onion (reserve ½ tbsp.)
- ½ tablespoon Sriracha (hot chilli sauce)
- ½ red chilli (reserve pinch to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon kaffir lime leaf, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon reserved chopped onion
- reserved red chilli
- coriander leaves
- add a squeeze of lime juice
Mix all the above together, then just before serving give it a final chop, then sprinkle over the top of salsa, garnish with coriander leaves
Make mango salsa
- Blend all ingredients *except the reserved onion and chilli*, to a smooth consistency
- Place in serving bowl, sprinkle with the garnish, stir slightly and add a squeeze of lime, then place coriander/cilantro leaves on top
- Peel and devein prawns/shrimp leaving the tail intact. Sprinkle the prawns/shrimp with cracked salt and pepper and stand aside
- Beat egg in a small bowl
- Add Panko breadcrumbs and coconut to a ziplock bag, shake to combine
- Dip the prawns/shrimp into the egg mixture, then place into the coconut/breadcrumb mixture, squeeze the mixture slightly onto each prawn/shrimp to coat well, shake off excess crumbs. Lay prawns separately on a plate, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate till ready to use.
- Heat oils in a heavy pan over medium-high heat (if too high it will burn the crumbs)
- Cook prawns/shrimp until golden each side, (approx. 1-2 minute depending on size) do not overcook prawns as it will make them tough, drain prawns on a paper towel, serve with mango salsa.
- Coconut oil adds extra flavour to the prawns.
- This Salsa is also great with chicken or pork.
- I adapted this recipe from a favourite of mine from Recipe tin Eats, Nagi has a way of putting great food on the table https://www.recipetineats.com/coconut-shrimp-prawns-with-spicy-thai-mango-sauce/
Share This Recipe !