This tasty and easy Italian dish has become one of Australia’s pub favourites.
- 1 chicken schnitzel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup tomato salsa
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Herbed oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch Italian seasoning
- pinch of rosemary *optional
- pinch of thyme *optional
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180º
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, herbs, salt and pepper
- Heat oil and butter in heavy base frying pan and cook schnitzel until golden brown (approx. 3 minutes) on each side
- Remove from pan and place schnitzel in an oven proof dish
- Spoon the salsa over the chicken schnitzel
- Top the salsa with mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- Bake in oven for approx. 20-25 minutes, till the cheese melts and turns golden and the chicken is cooked through.
Serve with vegetables or side salad
Note: You can buy the chicken already crumbed or crumb it yourself in egg and breadcrumbs
Left over salsa will freeze, I do this in ziplock bags.
Share This Recipe !