Ways to use cooked chicken: This tasty pie is so easy to make and a great way to use up your left over cooked chicken. On the table in under 30 Minutes
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced leek
- 1½ tablespoons plain flour
- 40ml milk
- 60ml chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon Vegeta
- 1 cup of shredded cooked chicken
- ¼ cup frozen peas, corn and carrot
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- ½ sheet puff pastry
- 1 teaspoon melted butter extra
- Preheat oven 200ºc
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add garlic, leek and thyme and cook until softened and aromatic
- Add flour, stir and cook for 1 minute, then gradually add the milk, stock and Vegeta.
- Add cheese and stir until sauce thickens. Add chicken and vegetables, stir and heat through
- Place in an ovenproof dish and cover with the puff pastry
- Brush the pastry with extra melted butter
- Bake in a preheated hot oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden in colour. Careful not to burn
- Serve and Enjoy!
Share This Recipe !