This delicious dish satisfies hungry tummies with its mouth-watering, cheesy flavour.
- 1 cup orecchiette (pasta shells)
- 2 shallots, sliced
- ½ cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1½ tablespoons red capsicum, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons corn kernels
- ½ cup chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated cheese extra
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180º
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 8-10 minutes so it is still a little firm as will keep cooking in the sauce. Drain, rinse under cold water and place into mixing bowl.
- Add shallots, spinach, capsicum, parsley, corn and chicken to the bowl.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add flour, stirring and cook for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add milk slowly while stirring to make sauce.
- Add grated cheese and stir into sauce till cheese melts.
- Add to mixing bowl and mix all ingredients together to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to small casserole dish. Top with extra cheese.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until heated through and golden brown.
- This dish is so flexible by adding or omitting ingredients of choice
Share This Recipe !