Want a healthy way to start your day, try these yummy blueberry pancakes, drizzled with hot runny juicy blueberries. Enjoy!
(This recipe was adapted from “The Fast 800” cookbook)
- 125g blueberries (reserve 2 tablespoons)
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1-2 tablespoons butter or oil
- Place the reserved blueberries into a microwave bowl, cover, and microwave for 20-25 seconds.
- *See note below
- Beat together the flour, oats, egg, and milk until it turns into a smooth batter
- Gently squash the remaining blueberries with a fork, then fold them through the batter. Avoid blending the blueberries with the batter as it may turn purple.
- Place half of the batter into a small container and refrigerate for another day
- Melt enough butter to cover the surface of a non-stick frying pan then pour the batter into three equal pancakes. Cook over medium heat until bubbles start to form and are golden brown then gently turn and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes
- Place pancakes onto a serving plate with the reserved blueberries for topping
- Serve and Enjoy!
*Note: Microwave reserved blueberries until they just start to boil. Set aside for the topping
Share This Recipe !