These crispy, crunchy, “Spicy Salt and Pepper Prawns” are delicious when served with my “Thai Sweet Chill Sauce” Enjoy!
- Oil for frying
- 6-8 raw peeled prawns, deveined with tails on
- ¾ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon peri peri seasoning
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Place enough oil in a deep pan to deep-fry the prawn
- Add the breadcrumbs, peri peri seasoning, salt and pepper to a Mortar and Pestle, pound slightly to breakdown the crumbs. Place the mix into a bowl, stir to combine
- Dip prawns into beaten egg white and then into the breadcrumb mix to coat the prawns, press the crumbs into the prawns with the heel of your palm. Refrigerate until ready to use
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat (dip the bottom of the wooden spoon in, if bubbles it ready)
- Gently place the prawns into the oil, cook until golden. They will cook very quickly, in less than a minute. So don’t take your eyes off them and don”t over crowd the pan
- Remove from heat and drain on paper towel
- Serve with my “Thai Sweet Chill Sauce” and garnish *optional chillies and coriander.
Share This Recipe !