This tasty vegetable loaf is so easy to prepare and can be made ahead for lunch or dinner. It is nice served hot or cold with or without a salad. Enjoy!
25 -30 Minutes
- ½ tablespoon of oil
- ½ tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup roughly chopped mushroom
- 1 green onion/shallot, sliced
- 1 cheek red capsicum, roughly chopped
- carrot ribbons see *note below
- 1 small tin (95-120g) of salmon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 40g crumbled goats cheese
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil and parsley
- Preheat oven 190ºc
- Heat oil and butter in a small frying pan, over a medium heat
- Add the mushroom and sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Add the shallots and capsicum and cook for 3-4 minutes, until just softened
- Line a mini (7cm x 14cm) nonstick loaf tin or a small square tin, with carrot ribbons, overlapping slightly and along the sides also
- Mix the vegetables, salmon and egg together and pour into the loaf tin, press the costs cheese and tomatoes (cut side up), into the mixture
- Reduce the oven temperature to 175ºc and place the loaf tin into the preheated oven and cook for 25-30 minutes or until golden in colour and the center is cooked through
- Remove from oven and cool slightly
- Transfer the loaf onto a serving plate.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- You can use a vegetable peeler or a mandolin to make the thin carrot ribbons
- You can substitute the carrot with zucchini if you prefer
Share This Recipe !