This dish is layer upon layer of flavours and such an easy dish to prepare and one you will put into your do again list. Enjoy!
- 1 chicken breast, cut in half lengthways
- 1 jar (350g) Leggo’s Stir through* Note below
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- pinch salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 slices eggplant lengthways
- mozzarella cheese slices
- Preheat oven 180ºc
- Place the eggplant slices onto a small baking tray
- Drizzle the eggplant with oil and place in preheated oven for 15 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, and fry the onions for 1-2 minutes until softened. Set the onions aside
- Seasoned the flour with salt and pepper and coat the chicken lightly in the seasoned flour,
- Heat more oil in the same pan as above, fry the seasoned chicken 2-3 minutes each side
- Place 2 tablespoons of the Leggo’s sauce in the base of small baking dish
- Layer with the slices of chicken, eggplant, onions and sauce. repeat the layers
- Place slices of mozzarella cheese over the stack and finish with the remaining sauce, if any
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until heated through and cheese has melted
- Serve and Enjoy!
- You can use whatever flavoured sauce you like. I used the tomatoes, olives and chilli flavoured sauce.
Share This Recipe !