Much loved classic favourite
on many Indian menus
6-8 Minutes +
2 hours + Marinating
- 150-200g chicken thigh fillets
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon tandoori paste
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 20g butter
- 1½ tablespoons finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ⅓ cup tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 40ml chicken stock
- ¼ cup cream
- Garnish parsley or coriander leaves *optional
- Cut chicken into large bite-size pieces
- Combine yoghurt and tandoori paste in a bowl
- Add chicken pieces and stir to coat the chicken all over, refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Melt butter in a pan, add onion and cook for 1 minute, add the garlic and ginger and cook until softened.
- Add spices and stir to combine, cook for 1 minute
- Add chicken with marinade and cook for 5-6 minutes
- In a jug, combine tomato paste, tomato puree, vinegar, salt, and chicken stock. Pour over the chicken, stir and bring to the boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes
- Stir in the cream and simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes
- Place in a serving bowl and garnish with parsley or coriander leaves
- Serve and Enjoy!
Share This Recipe !
Join the discussion One Comment
Recipes are delicious.