Another very easy and tasty recipe; the fish is juicy and tender. I just love the taste of fresh fish, Enjoy!
- 1 whole fresh rainbow trout (450g-500g)
- ½ brown onion, sliced
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh dill
- cracked pepper
- Preheat oven 220ºc
- Clean the fish and pat dry
- Season with salt and cracked pepper
- Fill cavity with the slices of onion, lemon, butter, and fresh dill
- Place fish onto a lined baking tray, and drizzle with oil. Place in preheated oven and cook for 12-15 minutes depending on the size of the fish. (fish is cooked when the flesh lifts easily off the bones at the thickest part of the fish)
- Place fish onto a serving plate with a wedge of lemon
- Serve and Enjoy!
Note: Be careful of the bones. The flesh will lift off the bones easily when cooked through, peel the skin back and follow the line down the center of the fish and carefully lift flesh.
I’ve heard, If you swallow a fishbone, eat a slice of bread.
Share This Recipe !