This crunchy, fresh, citrus salad is a great complement to any protein. Enjoy!
- 1 charred red capsicum, (or jarred)
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into thirds
- 1 green shallot/onion, finely sliced
- 20ml white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a jug, mix together the dressing ingredients and set aside
- Blanch asparagus by covering with boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until still crisp and tender, drain and rinse with cold water to stop further cooking
- Cut capsicum into long strips
- Place the asparagus, capsicum, and shallots into a bowl
- Drizzle the dressing over the mixture and toss well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use. Gently toss the salad before serving.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Note: Whenever possible, I love growing and using fresh herbs. Tarragon is one herb I have not used that often. I am loving it, so keep watch for more tarragon recipes to come.
Share This Recipe !