Roasted vegetables are one of my favourite things to eat. This dish is no exception, you can eat as a main or serve as a side. Enjoy!
- 1 cheek of red capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 cheek of green or yellow capsicum, cut into chunks
- ½ thin eggplant, cut into chunks
- ½ zucchini, cut into chunks
- ½ brown onion, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ x 400ml can chopped tomatoes with added herbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- small handful of sweet basil
- pinch dried oregano
- 2 slices halloumi cheese
Preheat oven 200ºc
- Place capsicums, eggplant, zucchini, onion, garlic and oil in a bowl, toss to combine
- Place vegetables into a suitable ovenproof dish. (I used my Jamie Oliver 12cm x 17cm baking dish)
- Place dish into preheated over and cook for 20 minutes, stir and continue cooking for 10 minutes more
- Meanwhile: Combine the fresh herbs and chopped tomatoes, and set aside. Season to taste
- Remove dish from oven and gently stir in the chopped tomatoes and herbs
- Place two slices of the halloumi cheese on top of mixture and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese turns golden in colour and vegetables are cooked through
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Note: You can serve this as a side dish to any protein
Share This Recipe !