In just 20 minutes: These Prawn Pad Thai Lettuce Cups are on the table. So easy and delightfully tasty. Enjoy!
5 Minutes +
Soaking: 10 Minutes
- 50g dry pad Thai noodles, (I used the thin ones)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 raw prawns, peeled, and deveined
- 2 tablespoons julienned carrots
- 1 green shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of “Ayam” Pad Thai paste
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped coriander
- 2 iceberg lettuce cups
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- wedge of lime
- sprigs of extra coriander leaves for garnish
- Gently remove the lettuce leaves, place in ice water to keep crisp while cooking the Pad Thai.
- Soak the noodles in hot water as per packet instructions (10 minutes). Drain well
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook prawns 1-2 minutes each side, until pink in colour and cooked through. Remove prawns from pan and set aside
- Add the paste to the pan and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the carrot, shallots and prawns, toss to coat evenly
- Stir in the noodles and chopped coriander
- Drain the lettuce leaves well and place them onto a serving plate
- Divide the prawn mixture between the two lettuce cups, top with nuts, sprigs of coriander, and a squeeze of lime
- Serve and Enjoy
Share This Recipe !