What a delightfully, delicious, crispy crunchy, tangy, topping on juicy chicken pieces.
I do hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Enjoy!
- 1 chicken maryland or 2-3 thighs
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil + 1 tablespoon extra
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 80g pistachio nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 small handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 small handful of mint leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons of pomegranate arils (seeds)
- Dry fry the pistachio nuts in a small frying pan, over medium-high heat, keep moving to prevent burning and remove them when they become aromatic and start to smoke
- Rub the chicken with the extra oil and season with salt and pepper
- Pan fry the chicken pieces (for 5-6 minutes on each side) in the same pan as above, over medium-high heat, until the chicken starts to turn golden, then place in preheated air fryer or oven until chicken is cooked through (approx. 5-10 minutes) depending on the size of you chicken
- Make the dressing by mixing together the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and pomegranate molasses
- In a small bowl, add pistachio nuts, parsley, mint leaves and the above dressing. Toss to combine
- Place the cooked chicken onto a serving plate, place the nut mixture on top and scatter the pomegranate arils over it all
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Note: You can purchase pomegranate arils in the frozen section of some supermarkets
- You can substitute pomegranate molasses with either honey or normal molasses with a dash of lemon juice/ zest
Share This Recipe !