A different way to serve eggs, healthy and tasty
- 1 small-medium red or green capsicum *see note
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of tomato same size as top of capsicum *see note
- 1 tablespoon of chopped bacon *optional
- ¼ cup grated cheese
Preheat oven 180º
- Cut the top of the capsicum and carefully remove seed and membrane, place on baking tray, stand the capsicum in an egg ring if necessary.
- Crack the egg into the centre of the capsicum, top with *optional bacon, a slice of tomato and cheese
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes depending on the size of capsicum
- Try to pick a capsicum that will stand on its base evenly.
- When removing the seeds and membranes do be careful not to cut through the skin
- You can use chopped tomato to cover the top of the egg if preferred
Share This Recipe !